Innovation, creativity, and adapting to the current trends in global tourism are the guiding principles of the updated and condensed tour guide course as recently developed by the Israel Ministry of Tourism.
Goals of the Program:
- To train tour guides to guide Israeli tourists and Israeli tour groups.
- To provide the guide with knowledge of the Land of Israel in the fields of archaeology, history, religions, daily life, flora and fauna, geography, art, architecture and current events.
- To provide professional skills to guide the various target audiences.
Who is the program for?
- For anyone interested in engaging in incoming tourism and guided by Israelis
- For anyone who love trips that seek to enrich their knowledge of the Land of Israel
- For graduates of studies on the subject of the Land of Israel, archaeology, history, Bible, geography, geology.
* Advantage for foreign language speakers - possibility to guide tourists
- Candidates with a full matriculation certificate, a knowledge of the English language, an Israeli citizen or a resident of Israel (holder of a permanent resident visa or temporary resident) who have the ability to express themselves verbally will be admitted.
- Candidates will be invited to an admissions committee, in accordance with the requirements of the Ministry of Tourism.
- A medical form must be signed by your physician allowing for participation in the excursions.
- Candidates above the age of 30 who do not have a matriculation certificate can submit a certificate of proving completion of 12 years of study or a psychometric test score above 550.
- Education certificates from abroad require approval of the education certificate from the Ministry of Education
Israel tour guide course
August 10th 2021, 6:00 PM
The open house will take place at the Hebrew University Givat Eam campus, Levy building
For more details: email@example.com
- Practice in guiding incoming tourism to Israel
- Geography of the Land of Israel: Introductions
- Archaeology and history: from ancient times to modern times
- Religions and minorities: Judaism, Christianity, Islam and ethnic minorities
- The State of Israel and current events: The State of Israel from its declaration to the present day, the State of Israel and its neighbours - the information and current affairs, the system of government and the regime in Israel.
- Israel's economy: tourism in Israel as an economic resource, agriculture and agri-tech, industry and high-tech.
- Art and Environment: Culture, Art and Architecture in Israel, Natural Resources and Environment, World Heritage Sites, Tourist Sites in the Palestinian Authority.
- Methodology, workshops, group management and business management: Integrating technology with training + field experience.
- Additional tools for training: marketing, creativity and entrepreneurship, training for people with special needs, experiential guidance, group facilitation, work with tourism officials, ethics in training, legal aspects and the legal status of the guide.
- Communication: Intercultural communication, creating a spiritual experience for the tourist
- Tourism niches: overview + demos.
- A variety of training workshops, such as storytelling, acting, the correct use of voice, photography, leadership, navigation, and the creation of technological visualization.
Graduates of the course will be able to receive the equivalent to about 30 credits for a bachelor's degree at the University of Haifa in Geography, Land of Israel Studies, general history and archaeology, subject to the university's admission requirements and academic requirements.
Graduates can be offered a special study track for a bachelor's degree and a master's degree in departments of Israeli studies, geography and archaeology at the University of Haifa.
To meet the requirements of the program: Regular participation in studies and tours, including passing examinations, submission of exercises and work, will be awarded a certificate of "Graduate of the Course of Qualified Tourists" by the National School for Tourism in Israel, managed by the University of Haifa.
Licensing of tour guides on behalf of the Ministry of Tourism
A national tour guide license issued by the Ministry of Tourism will be granted to a person who has fulfilled the following conditions:
- Successful completion of a tour guide course at the School of Tourism
- Certification of the absence of a criminal record from the Israel Police (Form 3019)
- Success in government licensing exams (written and oral)